- Chana dhal (kadala paruppu)- 1 cup
- Green gram dhal (pasi paruppu) – 1 cup
- Red gram dhal – 1 cup
- Raw rice- 1 cup
- Idly rice- 1 cup
- Red chilies- 4 to 8
- Gralic- 4
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves- 3 strings
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds (seeragam) – 1 tspn
- Salt and Oil- as required
- Soak Chana dal, Green gram dal, Red gram dal, Raw rice and Idly rice together for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add Red chilies, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Garlic, Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds to the soaked ingredients and grind it nicely. Keep the batter ready.
- Chop onions and half grind it in a blender. Keep this aside.
- Finally add Salt and half ground Onion to the batter.
- Make Dosas using this batter.
Goes well with: Chutney or Thengai kulambu