- Aloo tikkis – 1 or 2
- Chana masala – a ladle full
- Tamarind date chutney – 1 or 2 spoons (or to taste)
- Onion – 1 (small)
- Tomato – 1 (small)
- Coriander leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
For Channa masala:
- Chickpeas – 1 ½ cups (cooked)
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 3/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Cumin powder – 3/4 tspn
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tspn or (to taste)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Cumin seeds, once the seeds starts spluttering add Onion and fry till they are transparent.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and fry till smell goes. Add Tomato and fry till they are soft.
- Add all the masala powders and fry for a minute.
- Then add salt and water, boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked Channa, mash 1/3rd of the channa and boil till the curry is thick.
- Add Lemon juice and remove from heat.
- For Chat: Place 1 or 2 tikkis in a plate. Cover it with a ladle full of channa masala. Drizzle Tamarind-date chutney, Onion, Tomato, Coriander leaves and serve immediately.