- Potato – 3 (peel & cut in to medium pieces)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Peas – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Curry leaves – 7 to 8
For Masala paste: (Grind and make a paste of the below mentioned ingredients)
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Red chili powder – 2 tspn (Adjust with your spice level)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds (Perunjeeragam) – 1/2 tspn
For Coconut paste: (Grind and make a paste of Coconut and Fried Chana dal)
- Coconut – 3 tbspn
- Fried Chana dal (Pottu kadalai) – 2 tspn
- Heat Oil in a deep pan. Add Cinnamon, Curry leaves and Onion, fry till they are golden brown.
- Add Tomatoes and fry till they are soft. Add Potatoes and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ground Masala paste and salt, fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook till the Potatoes are cooked.
- Then add ground Coconut paste to it and allow this to boil once. Remove from heat.
Goes well with: White rice, Chapathi.