- Amarnath greens – 3 small bunches
- Onion – 1/2
- Garlic – 2 to 3
- Red chili – 1 or 2
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Peanuts(roasted) – 1 tbspn
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Pluck the leaves and wash till the water is clear.
- Chop the leaves and stems finely.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add Red chili, Curry leaves, Onion and Garlic.
- Fry till the Onion turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped greens, stems,Salt and little water. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, coarsely grind the roasted Peanuts.
- Add the roasted peanut powder to the cooked greens and remove from heat.
Goes well with: Rice, Chapathi