Andhra Chicken Fry – Indian Chicken Recipe
- Mustard seeds and urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Red chili – 1 (broken into pieces)
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion – 1
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tspn (or make a fine powder of Cinnamon – 1 inch stick, Cloves – 2, Cardamom – 1, Fennel seeds – 1/4 tspn)
- Chicken – 250 grams
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Mix the above ingredients and marinate for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the onion and keep aside.
- Pour enough water to the marinated ingredients and cook till the chicken is soft.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add broken Red chili, Curry leaves and Onion.
- Fry till Onion turns into golden brown. Add little Salt for Onion.
- Then add the cooked Chicken(with the gravy) and Garam masala powder.
- Fry till the chicken is golden brown. Then remove from fire and serve.