- Ridge gourd- 1
- Onion- 1
- Curry leaves- few
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 3 spoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 1/2 spoon
- Grated coconut- 4 or 5 spoon
- Green chili- 1
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Remove Ridge gourd skin(You could make Chutney out of it).
- Cut Ridge guard and Onion into length wise.
- Heat little Oil in a pan. Fry Coriander seeds and Cumin seeds till it turns into dark in color.
- Grind fried itmes, Grated coconut and Green chili.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, once it splutters add Onion and Curry leaves, fry till Onion becomes brown in color.
- Then add Ridge gourd, Ground items, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder and Salt. Cover with a lid. Cook till Ridge gourd turns into soft or till its cooked . If required add little water to cook. Don’t add too much of water.
Goes well with: Rice