Apricots are excellent source of vitamin A which helps to protect the eyes. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium and Fiber. Apricot is low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is an excellent food for weight loss. I think this is enough for us to include Apricot in our daily diet.
Following is the simple and easy Apricot Jam.
- Apricot – 4 (about 2 cups of cut apricots)
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Lime juice – 2 tspn(fresh)
- Cut Apricot into small pieces. No need to remove the skin.
- Boil all the ingredients together in a pan. Stir this mix once in a while.
- Once it starts boiling, keep the stove in medium heat for 40 -50 minutes or till it becomes thick(like Jam). At the end, stir it frequently to avoid the jam sticking to the bottom.
- Let this Jam cool completely. After that, store this in sterilized jars and refrigerate.