- Aval- 2 cups
- Onion- 1 medium size
- Curd- ¾ cup
- Curry leaves- few
- Red chilli- 4
- Urad dhal-1 tsp
- Channa dhal- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- Soak the aval in water for 5 to 7 mins and drain the water completely.
- Chop the onions and keep it aside.
- Add oil in the pan and add channa dhal, urad dhal, mustard seeds. Once it starts spluttering, add Curry leaves, Red Chilli and Onion. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Keep the stove in simmer and add the aval and fry for 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove from the fire and add salt and curd.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can try with lemon instead of curd. That also tastes good.