- Aval (Flaked rice)- 1 cup
- Onion(big)- 1
- Garlic- 2
- Green chili- 2
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves- 3 sprigs
- Bengal gram dal (Kadalai paruppu)- 1/2 spoon
- Mustard and Urad dal- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 to 2 spoons
- Grated coconut- 1 to 2 spoons
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Wash the Aval(flaked rice) in water. Don’t leave Aval in water more than a minute. Take immeditaely from the water and steam cook the Aval in a idly cooker or in idly molds for 3 to 5 minutes. Keep this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Bengal gram. Once it splutters add Onion, Green chili, Garlic, Curry leaves and fry till Onion turns into golden brown.
- Then add cooked Aval, Salt, Turmeric powder, Lemon juice and saute it for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Finally add Grated coconut, Coriander leaves and saute it for 30 seconds. Now its ready to eat.
Goes well with: Chutney