Deepavali Diwali special recipes
- Maida or All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 1/4 tspn
- Ghee – 3/4 cup
For Jeera(Sugar Syrup):
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Blend Baking powder and Ghee by hands for 15 minutes without any lumps.
- Add 1/2 cup of Maida to the blended Ghee and mix it with your hands gradually.
- Add the remaining maida, water and start mixing till it turns into firm and soft dough (like you prepare for poori). Mix the dough without much forcing.
- Close it with a wet cloth for 15 minutes.
- Take a small portion of dough and make a small ball, then flatten it and press lightly in center. Finish all the dough like this.
- Deep fry these Badhushas in hot oil till it turns biscuit colour.
- Boil sugar and water until foaming bubbles. This is the correct texture. Now sugar syrup is ready.
- Drop the hot Badhushas in sugar syrup.
- Once the sugar syrup is absorbed and badhushas become soft, remove from sugar syrup and store it in another bowl.
- Garnish it with pista, almonds or coconut.