- Chana dal – 1/2 cup
- Banana flower – 1½ cups (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Saunf – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry
- Soak Chana dal for 2 hours. After that grind them with Cumin seeds, Saunf, Chili powder and Salt into a coarse paste. Don’t add any water while grinding.
- Mix chopped Banana flower and Curry leaves to the ground paste.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Once the Oil is hot enough, take a small amount of the mix, shape them into round vada and drop them gently into hot oil.
- Deep fry them till they are golden brown on both sides by turning once in a while. Then remove from heat and drain them on paper towels.
Goes well with: Chutney