- Beetroot – 3 cups (peeled and grated)
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cashew or any nuts – 10
- Ghee – 2 tspn
- Cardamom powder(optional)
- Heat a tspn of Ghee in a wide pan. Add grated Beetroot and milk.
- Allow the milk to boil once then reduce the heat to medium. Stir it once in a while.
- Once the grated Beetroot is cooked, add Sugar and stir it.
- Cook till the ghee oozes out and milk evaporates. At end of this cooking, stir it continuously to avoid burning the bottom. Once it is thickened remove from heat.
- Heat a tspn of Ghee in another pan and fry Cashew nuts till they are golden brown.
- Pour this mix to the Beetroot halwa and serve.
Variation: You can also use Carrot in place of Beetroot.