- Bottlegourd – 300 grams
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Onion – 1/2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Hing – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1 or 2 tspn
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 or 2tspn
- Groundnut (Roasted) – 1 tbspn
- Sesame seeds (Roasted) – 1 tbpsn
- Remove the skin and cut the bottle gourd into small cubes. Chop Onion into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves and Onion.
- Fry Onion till transparent. Add Bottle gourd and fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add Turmeric powder, Hing, Chili powder, Cumin powder, Coriander powder, Salt and little water.
- Cover and Cook till the bottle gourd is done.
- In the meantime, coarsely dry grind the roasted Ground nut and Sesame seeds.
- Once the bottle gourd is cooked and dry, sprinkle the ground powder and remove from heat.
Goes well with: Rice, Chapathi