- Brinjal- 2
- Onion- 1
- Cumin powder- a pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind- Small gooseberry size
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Curry leaves- few
Make a paste of:
- Grated coconut- 2 spoons
- Garlic- 1
- Red chilies- 2
- Cut Onion and Brinjal into small pieces.
- Prepare a paste by grinding Grated Coconut, Red chilies and Garlic with little water in blender.
- Soak the Tamarind for 10 minutes. Take the pulp out from the Tamarind.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add Mustard seeds. Once it splutters add Onion and Curry leaves to the pan. Fry the Onions till it turns into golden brown in color.
- Add Brinjal, Turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the Tamarind pulp and fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the ground Coconut paste and a pinch of cumin Powder.Fry till it turns into thick.
Serve hot with vegetable biryani.