- Brinjal(Small ones) – 6
- Onion – 1/2
- Masala powder or Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 to 4 tspn
- Thinly slice Brinjals and Onion.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once the seeds starts spluttering add Curry leavs and Onion, fry till the Onion are transparent.
- Add Brinjals and fry till they are half cooked. Then add Masala powder and Salt, fry till the Brinjals are completed cooked.
Goes well with: Rice