- Brinjal – 250 grams
- Onion – 1
- Sesame seeds – 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn to 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Slice Brinjal and Onion length-wise.
- Dry roast sesame seeds. Once it cools, coarsely grind them into a powder.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add curry leaves and onion.
- Add Onion and fry till they are transparent.
- Add Brinjal and fry till they are 3/4th cooked.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, roasted sesame powder and salt. Fry till the brinjal is cooked well.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Goes well with: Rice