- Brinjal – 4 (small)
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Garlic – 1
- Red chilly – 3
- Fried Ground nut – 1/4 cup
- Fried gram dal (pottukadalai) – 2 Tbs
- Grated coconut – 2 or 3 Tbs
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt and Sesame oil – to taste
- Cut the Brinjal and Keep it aside.
- Soak Tamarind in water for 15 minutes. After that extract about 2 cups of tamarind juice from it.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add and fry the Onion for few seconds.
- Then add and fry Tomato till it becomes soft. Add Garlic,Ground nut,Fried gram dal and Coconut. Fry for a min.
- Grind all the fried items with Water.
- Heat Oil and add Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds. Once it starts to splutter, add Curry leaves and Brinjal. Fry the brinjal till it becomes soft.
- Then add ground items, Salt and Tamarind water. Cook till it becomes thick.
Goes well with: Rice