- Buttermilk( lightly sour) – 1 cup
- Besan flour – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 3 pinches
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Currry leaves – 4 to 5
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Add Besan flour, Salt, Turmeric powder to Buttermilk and Water mix. Mix this well without any lumps.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Cumin seeds. Once the seeds starts spluttering add Green chilies, Curry leaves and Hing, fry for a minute.
- Add Buttermilk mix(prepared in step 1) to it. Boil till nice aroma and flavor comes out of the curry.
- If you want, you can add vegetables like Ladies finger, Chayote(Chow Chow), Pumpkin. Add one at a time and cook till these vegetables are tender.
Goes well with: White Rice