- Butternut Squash – 1 cup
- Peanut – 1/4 cup
- Chana dal(Kadalai paruppu) – 1 tspn
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Red chili – 3 to 4
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Hing – 3 to 4 pinches
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 to 4 tspn
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Scrape the outer skin of Butternut squash and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pan, add Red chili and Garlic. Once the chili turns into crispy, add Peanuts and Chana dal. Fry till they are light brown.
- Add Hing and Curry leaves, then remove from pan.
- Heat a tspn of Oil in the same pan, add Butternut squash cubes and fry till they are light brown. Then remove from heat.
- Once all these ingredients cool completely, grind them with Tamarind and Salt by adding water.
- For tampering: Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, Once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves and pour this mix to the chutney.