- Cabbage – 1 cup
- Green gram Dal – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Cloves – 1
- Cardamom – 1
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Coconut – 1 tbsp (grated)
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Boil Green gram dal in a cooker and leave for a whistle. Then add Cabbage and Salt to it, allow this to cook.
- Fry onion till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, Dry red chilli, Coconut and fry for few minutes, then grind them into a paste.
- Mix the ground paste in cooked cabbage-dal mix. Then add fried onion to this and allow it to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan, allow mustard seeds to splutter. Then add this to the cabbage-dal mix and remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Goes well with: Chapati and White rice.