- Jeera rice or Basmati rice-1 cup
- Cinnamon -1 to 3
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Onion – 2
- Green chillies – 4
- Garlic – 4
- Mint – 15 leaves
- Curd – 1 tsp
- Milk or Coconut milk-1 cup
- Coriander – small amount
- Lemon juice – 1 tspn
- Ghee – 4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Soak Rice for about 15 minutes separately.
- In cooker, add ghee and let it melt. Add all spices(Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom) and fry them for a minute.
- Add Onion, Green chillies and Garlic, cook them till Onion color changes.
- Then add Carrot, Capsicum, Mint and stir it well.
- Let the raw smell of Mint comes down. Add Curd and stir it well.
- Add 1 cup of Water and Salt, bring it to boil. Add Rice and stir it slowly.
- Then add Coconut milk or Milk and Coriander leaves.
- When the rice is half cooked, add a tspn of Lemon juice.
- Simmer the flame, cover the cooker with the lid.
- After putting the whistle, let it cook for 10 minutes in slow flame. Switch off the stove after 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes after that. Open the cooker and add some Ghee for rich flavor.
Goes well with: Raita, Curry