- Chickpeas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Green Chili – 1 or 2
- Tomato – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tspn
- Cumin powder – 1 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tpsn
- Lime juice – 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 4 to 5 sprigs (Finely Chopped)
- Oil – 2 to 3 tspn
- Soak Chickpeas in water for 6 hours. After that pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or Boil till it can be mashed easily. Finely chop Onion, Green chilies and Tomato. Keep all this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add Cumin seeds. Once it starts spluttering add Green chilies, Onion and Curry leaves, fry till Onion turns into golden brown.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add chopped Tomatoes and fry till they are soft. Mash Tomatoes with the spatula nicely.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Cumin powder,Coriander powder and fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of water (water used to cook chickpeas) and Salt to it. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cooked Chickpeas , Garam masala powder and cook again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add chopped Coriander leaves and Lime juice. Remove from heat.
Goes well with: Chapathi, Rice, Bread