Chettinad Muttai Masala Recipe is a flavourful egg curry which is very different from the other egg masala recipes. South Indian style egg curry.
Ingredients for egg curry:
- Small onion- 200g
- Garlic- 4
- Ginger- equal to garlic
- Tomato- 1
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Chicken powder- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt and Oil- to taste
Recipe for muttai masala:
- Boil Egg for 5 mins. Then remove the shells.
- Peel and semi grind the Small onion.
- Grind Garlic, Ginger and make a paste. Kept this aside
- Chop the Tomato into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal fry till it splutters.
- Add Curry leaves,Ginger and Garlic paste and fry for a min. Then add Onion and fry till it becomes light brown in color.
- Add Tomato and fry till it turn into soft. Then add Chili powder,Coriander powder, Chicken powderand Turmeric powder fry till raw smell goes.
- Once the raw smell goes add a cup of Water and Salt.
- Finally add boiled Eggs. Let the curry boil once.