- Rice – 1 cup
- Chick peas – ½ cup
- Onion – 1(Medium size)
- Curry leaves – few
- Channa dhal – 1tsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Jeera- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp(optional)
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Red chilli – 4 or 5
- Gingelly- ½ tsp
- Fenugreek- ¼ tsp
- Channa dal- ½
- Cook the rice in pressure cooker, each rice should be separate like you normally cook to make variety rice.
- Cook the chick peas with some salt and keep it aside.
- Fry all the items given under “To grind” without oil and grind all the items together.
- Heat oil in the pan and add jeera, chopped onion and curry leaves.
- Once it is fried add the ground items, then add chick peas and fry for a minute.
- Then add the cooked rice and salt for taste.
- Finally add the lemon juice. It is optional to add the lemon juice.
- People who don’t like sour taste can avoid adding lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.