- Chick peas- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds and urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram dal (kadalai paruppu)- 2 tsp
- Onion- 1
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Garlic- 4
- Green chili- 2
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs
- Curry leaves- 3 sprigs
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Oil and Salt- to required
- Soak Chickpeas for 5 to 7 hours and cook it in pressure cooker. Keep this aside.
- Chop Onion and keep this aside.
- Grind Ginger, Garlic, Green chili, Coriander leaves and two sprigs of Curry leaves.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds,Urad dal, Bengal gram dal and fry till Bengal gram turns into light brown.
- Add Onion and Curry leaves, fry till Onion becomes transparent.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Then add ground items,Turmeric powder and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Finally add Chick peas and Salt, fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
Goes well with:Rice