- Chicken- 5 to 7 pieces
- Onion- 2
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon- 1′ stick
- Cardamom- 2 pods
- Cloves- 2
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Bay leaf, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves. Once it turns into light brown color, add Onion and fry till onion turns into golden brown color.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
- Then add Chili powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Salt and fry till the smell of masala goes.
- Add Chicken and a cup of Water. Cover the pan.
- Cook for ten minutes and then add Garam masala when the gravy is thick. Cook for five more minutes.
Goes well with: Rice, Chapathi and Paratha