- Chicken – 300 to 350 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 3 to 4 sprigs
- Oil – 1 or 2 tbspn
For onion sauce:
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Vinegar – 2 tspn
For garlic and spice sauce:
- Peppercorns(black) – 1/2 tspn
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves
- Ginger – a small piece
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tspn
- For Onion Sauce: Heat Oil in a pan. Add thinly sliced Onions and fry till they are crispy and dark brown, but not burnt. Curry gets its dark color from the fried Onions. So take time to fry the Onion till they are nicely browned. Then blend this with Vinegar and water.
- Grind and make a sauce of Peppercorns, Mustard seeds, Garlic, Ginger by adding enough water. Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder and mix well.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add the ground sauce (from step 2) and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cut Chicken pieces, mix well with the sauce and fry till the chicken pieces are slightly white in color all the sides.
- Then add Onion sauce and Salt. If necessary add some water. Bring the curry to boil once. Then reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 25 minutes or till the chicken is cooked well.
- Finally garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.