- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Baking Soda – 1 tspn
- Baking Powder – 1 tspn
- Unsweetened Baking Chocolate – 4 oz (Melted)
- Unsalted Butter – 8 tbspn
- Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla extract – 1 ½ tspn
How to melt Chocolate?
- Melt Chocolate carefully. Overheating or addition of water may cause chocolate to over thicken.
- Finely chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place them in a bowl in microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and stir. When small lumps remain, remove and continue to stir to complete melting.
- Alternately, you can use double boiler method or direct heat method to melt chocolate.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add Butter, half of the Milk, Eggs and Vanilla extract then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Or else Beat all these wet ingredients in a food processor or in a blender, then mix it with the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining milk and melted chocolate, mix well with the other ingredients.
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease 9 inch loaf pan with butter, then pour this mix to the pan.
- Place the pan inside the Oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till the toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan and cool the cake.