- All-purpose-flour – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Grated peel of orange or lemon – 1 spoon
- Poppy seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Egg – 1 beaten
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin pan. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
This yields 9 muffins.