- Cluster beans – 250 grams
- Small onion – 5 to 6
- Masala powder or chili powder – 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder and Hing – small pinch
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut(grated) – 2tspn
- Sauf – 1 tspn
- Garlic – 2
- Ginger – a small piece
- Remove the strings from cluster beans by cutting the ends. Chop them into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add curry leaves and Onion.
- Fry Onion till it becomes transparent. Add Cluster beans, Salt and little water.
- Cover and cook in sim. Stir it now and then.
- Add Masala powder/Chili powder and stir.
- Coarsely grind Coconut, Sauf, Galic and Ginger.
- Once the cluster beans is cooked, sprinkle the ground items and mix well. Remove from heat and serve.
Goes well with: Rice