- Onion – 2
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Coconut – 2 tbspn
- Coriander leaves – 5 to 6 sprigs
- Mint leaves – 5 to 6 sprigs
- Hing – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Green chili and fry for a minute.
- Add Onion and fry till they are transparent.
- Add Tamarind, Coconut and Hing. Fry for a minute.
- Add Coriander leaves, Mint leaves and Salt. Immediately remove from heat.
- Once this fried mix cools, grind it into a coarse paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering, add Curry leaves and ground chutney. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.