- Rice (Sona masoori or Basmati) – 1 cup (uncooked)
- Coconut(grated) – 1 ½ cup
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Chana dal(kadalai paruppu) – 1 ½ tspn
- Peanuts – 2 tspn
- Cashew nuts – 12 to 14
- Red chilies – 3 to 4 (broken)
- Green Chilies – 2 to 3 (Slit length-wise)
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Hing – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 3to 4 sprigs (Chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee or Oil – 3 to 4 tspns
- Cook Rice with Salt and keep aside.
- Heat Ghee or Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering add Chana dal, Peanuts, Cashew nuts and fry for a minute.
- Add Red Chilies, Green Chilies, Curry leaves and Hing, fry till the dals turns into golden brown.
- Add grated Coconut, Salt and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or till the Coconut turns light-brown.
- Add the Cooked rice and mix well. Remove from heat and garnish with Coriander leaves.
Goes well with: Any Curry and Papad