- Potato – 2
- Onion – 1
- Sauf(perunjeeragam) – ½ tspn
- Garlic – 3-4 pieces
- Chili powder – 1 to 2 tspns (As required)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil and salt – As required
- Cut Potato and onion into small pieces.
- Heat the required Water to cook the potatoes in a pan.
- Add the Potatoes, Chili powder, Turmeric powder and Salt into the Water and close the pan with a lid.
- Cook till the Potatoes are half cooked. If there is any remaining water drain it and keep aside. Try to avoid more water to cook Potatoes so that no need to drain the extra water.
- Grind Garlic and Sauf in a blender and keep aside.
- Then heat 2 to 3tspns of Oil in a pan. Add the grounded mix of Garlic and Sauf and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the finely chopped Onion to the pan and fry till the Onion becomes golden brown in color.
- Finally add the half cooked Potatoes and fry till the Potatoes are tender and crisp. If required add some more Salt and chili powder while frying the potatoes.
Goes well with: Rice