- Coriander leaves – 1½ cups
- Red chili – 3
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Garlic – 2
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Sugar – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pan. Add Red chili and fry till its crispy. Then remove.
- Add Coriander leaves and fry for 30 seconds. Then remove from heat.
- Then grind Coriander leaves, Red chili, Curry leaves, Garlic, Tamarind, Salt and Sugar into a paste by adding little water.
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add Curry leaves and the ground chutney. Fry till the chutney is thick.
Goes well with: curd rice