- Corn kernel – 1 cup
- Idly batter– 3/4 cup
- Onion- 1
- Green chili- 2
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprig
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Soak Corn kernel for 12 to 15 hours. Then grind Corn with Cumin seeds and make batter (like dosa batter).
- Finely chop Onion, Green chili, Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it splutters, add Green chili and fry till it turns white in color. Then add Onion, fry for a min and remove from heat.
- Mix Corn batter, Idly batter, fried items, Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, leave few drops of Oil in each hole, and then pour the batter in each hole carefully.
- Keep the stove in medium flame. Once the paniyaram is cooked on that side, turn it to the other side carefully.Cook till its done.