- Cornmeal – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Chana dal(kadalai paruppu) – 1 spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chili – 2
- Onion – 1(small)
- Vegetables – 1 cup (carrot,beans,peas,corn or anything you like)
- Water – 2 to 2.5 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 spoons
- Cut Onion, Green chili and Vegetables into pieces. Keep them aside.
- Heat a pan. Fry Cornmeal without oil till it turns into light brown color. Remove Cornmeal from the pan.
- Heat Oil in the same pan. Add Mustard seeds,Urad dal and Chana dal. Once it splutters, add Curry leaves, Green chilies and Onion into the pan and fry till it becomes golden brown color.
- Add all the vegetables and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water and Salt. Once the water starts to boil, add fried Cornmeal slowly and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Do this in low heat.
- Continuously stir the mix till the Cornmeal is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
Goes well with: Sugar and Chutney