- Rice- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1 1/4 cup
- Curd- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Milk- 1/4 cup
- Onion- 1 (small)
- Green chili- 2
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves- few
- Ginger- small piece
- Mustard seeds and urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal- 1/2 spoon
- Salt and Oil- as required
- Cook the Rice with 1 1/4 cup of Water in a pressure cooker.
- Chop Onion, Green chili, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves and Ginger.
- Mash the cooked rice. Add Curd, Milk, Salt and mix well.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, Channa dal fry till channa dal turn into light brown in color.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Add the Green chili fry till it turn into light white color.
- Then add Onion, Curry leaves and Ginger. Fry it in a normal flame till Onion becomes transparent.
- Finally pour the fried items into mashed rice and mix it well.
Goes well with: Pickles.