- Black lentil – 1 cup
- Kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbspn
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tspn
- Onion – 1 (medium)
- Green Chilies – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tspn
- Red Chili powder – 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped )
- Butter – 5 tbspn
- Garam masala powder – 1 tspn
- Coriander leaves – For Garnishing
- Soak Black lentil and Kidney beans for 6 hours.
- Finely Chop Onion and Green Chilies. Cook dals in pressure cooker. Keep this aside.
- Heat Ghee in a deep pan. Add Cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add Onion, Green Chilies and fry till Onion turns into golden brown.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Garam masala powder and Salt, fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they become soft.
- Now add the cooked dals and a cup of water(in which dals cooked). Cook for 5 more minutes and mix well.
- Add Butter and cook for another 5 more minutes.
Goes well with: Chapathi and Roti