Diwali Special- Mixture Recipe – Find more Diwali Special Recipes here
- Gram flour(Besan)- 4 cup
- Chilli powder- 7 tsp
- Crushed Garlic- 5 to 7
- Crushed ginger- small piece
- Curry leaves- few
- Raw peanuts- 1/2 cup
- Rice flakes (Aval)- 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- to deep fry
- Boondi batter preparation: Mix Gram flour, Chili powder (2 tsp), Salt and 1 to 2 cups Water in a vessel without any lumps. The batter should be little watery and not so thick.
- Omapodi dough preparation: Mix Gram flour, Chili powder( 5 tsp), Salt, gradually add water and knead to make a soft dough (like murukku dough).
- For frying: Heat Oil in a pan. Keep the stove in low flame.Add Garlic, Ginger, Curry leaves and Peanuts, fry till Peanuts turn into dark in color or till Peanuts are cooked. Keep this aside.
- Making boondi: Heat Oil in pan on medium flame. Pour the batter over the perforated ladle(ladle with small round holes) and rub it with another ladle which makes the batter to fall through the ladle holes evenly. Cook till it turns into crispy. Drain this from oil and repeat the same for the whole batter. Now boondi is ready.
- Making omapodi: Fill the dough(from step 2) into omapodi press (with very small holes). Once the oil is hot enough, squeeze the omapodi over the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan. You can see the bubbles of oil immediately. Once these bubbles are almost stopped, remove them from oil and drain them on paper towels.
- Frying Rice Flakes (Aval) (Below Pic.3): Heat Oil in pan on low flame. Place some rice flakes over the ladle and fry it in oil. While frying rice flakes(aval), make sure rice flakes stays on top of the ladle itself.
- Finally mix Boondi, Omapodi, fried items and little Salt.