- Drumstick (young ones) – 4
- Brinjal (tender and young) – 4
- Small onion – 10
- Tomato – 1
- Tamarind – Gooseberry size
- Jaggery – 1/2 tspn
- Masala powder/ Sambar powder – 1tbpsn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut Drumstick and Brinjal into small pieces.
- Chop Onion and Tomato into small pieces.
- Soak Tamarind in water for 20 minutes. Then extract the tamarind juice from it.
- Add all the ingredients(except the tampering ingredients) and the tamarind water to a pan.
- Cover and cook till the vegetables are cooked.
- For tampering: Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Fenugreek seeds. Once it starts spluttering add curry leaves and the cooked mix . Saute till the gravy is thick. Remove from heat and serve.
Goes well with: Rice