Ingredients:(For 2 people)
- Egg – 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Grated coconut – 3 spoons
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chicken masala powder – 1 spoon
- Chili powder – ½ tspn
- Black pepper – 1 tspn
- Coriander seeds – 1 tspn
- Poppy seeds (kasakasa) – ½ tspn
- Fennel seeds (perunjeeragam) – 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds and Black gram– ½ tspn
- Curry leaves – a string
- Coriander leaves – a string
- Oil, salt – As required
- Cut the Onion and Tomato into small pieces.
- Grind Coriander seeds, Poppy seeds (kasakasa), Fennel seeds and Black pepper with Grated coconut. Take coconut milk out of this ground mix and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds and Black gram. Once it splutters add Curry leaves and Onion. Fry till the onion becomes golden brown in color.
- Then add Tomato and fry till it becomes soft.
- Then add Chili powder, Chicken masala powder and Turmeric powder. Fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Once the raw smell goes add a cup of Water, Salt and already prepared Coconut milk. Let it boil once.
- Finally break each Egg and drop into the curry, one at a time. Do not stir or mix after this. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Once the Eggs cook on both sides, garnish with Coriander leaves.
Goes well with: Chapathi or Rice