- Cornmeal – 3/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 ¼ cup
- Light brown sugar or White sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tspn
- Baking soda – 1/2 tspn
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil or Butter – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Sift and then mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin pan. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Cool the muffins at least for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
This yields 6 to 7 muffins. Serve with vanilla or any other frosting on top.