- Rice – 2 cups
- Sesame Seeds – 1/4 cup
- Dry Red Chilies – 3 to 4
- Urad dal (Ulutham paruppu) – 2 tspn
- Chana dal (Kadalai paruppu) – 1 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame oil – 3 to 4 tspns
- Cook Rice with 1/2 tspn of Salt. Let this cool for sometime.
- Dry roast Red chilies, Sesame seeds, Urad dal, Chana dal and Curry leaves for 2 minutes. Then remove from heat and allow this to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Grind the dry roasted items in blender and make a coarse powder.
- Leave 2 to 3 tspns of Sesame oil over rice and mix the required Sesame powder(Prepared in step 3). Sesame rice is ready to serve now.
Goes well with: Papad or Any Chips.