- Fish – 250 grams (boneless)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 1 or 2 (slit length-wise)
- Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tspn
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
- Boil water in a pan. Add Fish pieces, Salt and Turmeric powder. Cook them for 5 minutes or till they are tender.
- Then drain the water and mash the fish in a bowl. Add Chili powder, Coriander Powder, Garam masala powder and mix well. Keep this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves, Green Chili and Garlic. Fry till they are light brown.
- Then add finely chopped Onion and fry till they are golden brown.Then add mashed fish and fry till they become golden brown. Add Salt if necessary.
- Finally add chopped Coriander leaves and remove from heat.
Goes well with: Rice and Curry