- Fried chana dal(Pottu Kadalai) – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 diced
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Fry Dry red chilli, Coriander seeds in a pan and then grind it as a powder.
- Grind and make a powder of fried chana dal separately.
- Heat Oil in vessel. Add Mustard seeds and Curry leaves.
- Then add Onion, Tomato, Salt, Turmeric powder and fry well.
- Then add 1½ cups of water and allow to boil. Add ground chilli-coriander powder mix and allow to boil till smell of masala goes.
- Now add Fried chana dal powder and combine it well. Allow to boil and garnish with coriander leaves. Then remove from heat.