- Wheat flour – 3 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 spoon(or to taste)
- Oil – As required to deep fry the poori
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt and 2 tspns of oil to the flour. Then add water and start kneading. Do this till it turns into little harder dough. But Don’t make very harder dough. Once you prepared the dough, start making poori immediately. This prevents the poori from retaining more oil when it is deep fried.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll it into flat and round shaped poori sheets. This poori sheets should be little thick and the thickness should be uniform too. Apply flour if the dough sticks while rolling. Now this sheets are ready to deep fry.
- Heat enough oil to sink the poori in a pan. When the oil is hot enough(the smoke will be coming out of the oil), place the poori sheets into the oil. Poori raises to the top. Now press the poori(the portion where poori is not raised) in to the oil to make it pluffy at that part.
- Now turn the poori to the other side to fry.Once it turns into light brown color, take out the poori.
Goes well with: All curries. Particularly with Potato curry.