- Idly rice- 4 cup
- Urad dal(whole round)- 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Soak Idly rice, Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind the soaked idly rice into a nice batter.
- Grind the soaked Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds nicely. Use wet grinder or mixie to prepare the batter.
- Combine the two batters and Salt by hand.
- Allow the batter to ferment for overnight in a warm place. It may take up to 6 to 8 hours to ferment. Stir it with a ladle after fermentation.You can prepare idly or dosa using this batter.