- Raw rice- 1/2 cup
- Split moong dal(pasi paruppu)- 1tbs
- Water- 1 ½ cups
- Rock Sugar powder(kalkandu powder)- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Pachai karpooram(raw camphor)-a pinch
- Cardamom(Crushd)-2 nos
- Ghee- 3tbsp
- Raisins-10 nos
- Cashew nuts-6 nos
- Badham- 3 nos
- Pressure cook Raw rice,Moong dal with Water in a low flame for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, add the Rock sugar powder, Milk, Salt, Pachai karpooram, Cardamom and heat again.
- Keep stirring till the Sugar dissolve completely.
- Cook till it becomes semi solid. Once it cools, it becomes thick.
- Fry Cashew nuts, Badam and Raisins in ghee and add it to the pongal.