- Karunai kizhangu-3
- Small onion -10
- Curry leaves -1 string
- Tamarind – big lemon size
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 spoon
- Coriander powder-1 1/2 spoon
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- a pinch
- Jaggery-1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as needed
- Coconut – 3 spoon
- Fennel seeds -1 tsp
- Poppy seeds- 1 tsp
- Cook Karunai kizhangu in water and keep aside.
- Chop Small onion,Garlic and Tomato.
- Soak Tamarind in water for 15 min and extract a cup tamarind juice from it.
- Grind Coconut, Fennel seeds and Poppy seeds and make a paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, once it starts spluttering add Small onion,Curry leaves and Garlic, fry till they are light brown.
- Add Tomato and fry till it turns into soft. Then add Turmeric powder, Chilly powder, Coriander powder and Salt, fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tamarind juice and Water( if required). Once its boiled, add ground items and cook the curry till it becomes thick.
- Finally add Jaggery and cook for a minute.
Goes well with: White rice.