- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Capsicum(chopped) – 1 (optional)
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Peas(frozen) – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Saffron – 1tbsp
- Mixed dry nuts – 1¼ tbsp
- Raisin – 1/2 tsp
- Mixed fruits – 1/2 cup (apple, orange)
- Seedless grapes – 1 tbsp (green)
- Cherry – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Rosewater – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom & Cloves powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 medium (chop lengthwise)
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Cook Carrot and Rice together with salt in a cooker. Allow this to cool for sometime.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Bayleaf, Cumin seeds, Capsicum and Peas, fry till the raw smell of capsicum goes.
- Then add Salt, Sugar, Fresh cream, Saffron, Dry nuts, Raisin and cooked Rice & Carrot. Mix it well and remove from heat.
- Add Fruits, Cherry, Butter, Rose water and mix well. Sprinkle Cardamom and Cloves powder and mix well.
- Fry Onion separately till it turns into transparent and add to this.
Goes well with: Raita